A corporate video is just as much a part of a company’s outward facing appearance as their website, office, and staff's appearance is. It reflects on the quality standards of the company and impacts its reputation. Poorly produced corporate videos can have a negative impact on how a company is perceived, and opens the door wide open for the competition.
Here are 10 impressions a poorly produced corporate video gives to that company's potential customers
- We do not value our appearance.
- We have low expectations for our employee & vendor’s performance.
- We favor the cheap and easy way out.
- We are not on the cutting edge of our industry.
- We do not have high quality standards for our products.
- We are not concerned with how we are perceived in the marketplace.
- We are not competitive. 8. We are not relevant & current.
- We are not concerned with our reputation.
- We are not concerned with our customer’s experience (read: customer service)
- In as much as a badly produced corporate video can negatively affect how a company is perceived, a professionally produced corporate video can instill consumer confidence in a brand even before a customer makes their first purchase.
A professionally produced corporate video tells potential customers that:
- We have pride in our company and our work.
- We take our appearance and reputation seriously.
- We are relevant & adapt to changes in our culture & industry.
- We value the experience our customers have with us.
- We have high expectations for ourselves.
- We are willing to go the extra mile.
- We have high standards for the quality of our products.
- We are a leader in our industry.
- What are your corporate videos telling your customers? Are they inspiring purchases & leads or are they instilling doubt and caution?